Ultimate Galápagos Sailing Adventure
Two veteran wildlife specialists, one a photographer and one a naturalist guide, have organized an unique and all encompassing 15-day itinerary in the Galápagos Islands. Guided and instructed with the expertise of Greg Downing and Jan Post, the emphasis of this journey is on maximum exposure to the sites coinciding with the best light the day has to offer for photography—all at an easy pace! These islands offer unprecedented opportunities for close up wildlife photos—both on land and at sea—and our guides and crew will be there to get you to the best locations in the best light of the day. You won't find a better deal around for a 2-week photographic cruise to the archipelago!Learn More & Register
Features & Information
• Air transportation to and from the Galápagos islands from Quito, Ecuador.
• All transfers to and from airport and hotels.
• 2 nights at Hostería Rincón de Puembo (at the beginning and end of our tour).
• 14 nights and 15 days aboard The Beagle (double occupancy).
• All meals and soft drinks while on the ship, breakfasts at Hostería Rincón de Puembo.
• Galápagos National Park Entrance Fee of $100.
• Galápagos naturalist on board with more than a decade of experience on the islands (one of the best in the archipelago!).
Does Not Include
• International air between Quito Ecuador and home.
• Trip cancellation and medical evacuation insurance (highly recommended).
• Alcoholic beverages and any items of a personal nature.
• Airport departure tax of $25.
• Tips for staff such as our naturalist guide and ship crew (around $20 per day suggested).
About Our Ship
One of the highlights of this trip is the ship itself and the ability to actually sail in the archipelago on a magnificent sailing yacht—no other photo tour offers this. A magnificent 105-foot twin screw steel-hulled brigantine with teak decks and beautifully designed interiors, The Beagle is a classic among sailing yachts in the Galápagos and is one of the most spacious with the friendliest staff.
This was my first photography workshop, so I was not sure what to expect. In all, it was an outstanding experience. The group was congenial, the leader outgoing and a good teacher, and we were fortunate to have a great nature guide as well.