Africa Photo Safari Tanzania
Travel in luxury to Tanzania for a once-in-a-lifetime Africa photo safari, featuring the best of East Africa in a custom small group setting for wildlife photography. Coupled with our experienced local naturalist guides, among the best around, you’ll be traveling in the company of Greg Downing, a seasoned professional photographer and expert traveler to the region and the specific locales we visit for over 15 years. Greg’s exclusive itinerary takes you to the best places in Tanzania for wildlife photography including Serengeti National Park, the Ngorongoro Crater, and Tarangire National Park, plus an optional extension to the Northwest Serengeti and the famous Mara River.Learn More & Register
Features & Information
• All game park fees.
• All Tanzania VISA fees and VIP meet and greet at the airport.
• All accommodations, based on double occupancy (single supplement if required).
• All meals inclusive of restaurant staff tips.
• Services of guides and drivers.
• All in-country transportation, via air and in safari land cruisers. Each of the three rear seat passengers has a complete row of seats to themselves, including access to windows on both sides of the vehicle and empty seats for photographic equipment.
• Airport transfers to and from hotels.
• All ground and in-country air transportation.
• Complimentary bottled water and snacks on safari.
• $30 Tanzanian airport departure tax, if KLM / NW ticket purchased through us.
• All tips for camp staff and drivers are included in this safari!
Does Not Include
• Fees for passport, immunizations, and insurance.
• Alcoholic beverages or soft drinks while on safari.
• Laundry, phone, and other items of a personal nature.
• Single supplement charge for single accommodations.
• International airfare.
• Additional tips for porters, etc.
Optional Extension to River Camp - NE Serengeti and Mara River
Those extending enjoy a day’s game drive to the Mara River, located in the northwestern Serengeti. The game drive will take you though the Lobo Valley and Bologonja on your way to the Mara River which is an absolutely fascinating journey with lots to see. Spend your last three days in the bush near the Mara River. This is a wonderful time of year for one of three significant events that happens during the Great Migration—the annual river crossings. Witnessing a river crossing takes PATIENCE as the herd will often take hours to decide whether or not to cross, weighing the risk of crocodiles and speed of the river.
I have attended MANY workshops over the years, but no experience even begins to compare with the incredible Tanzania trip that we just experienced. In addition to learning more about life and more about photography, Dik and I had the time of our lives! We are huge Greg Downing fans! This was my fourth Greg workshop, but definitely not my last!